Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to the Procurement Department Office?
- The Procurement Department Office is located at 2606 Boca Chica Blvd., Brownsville, Texas.
What are your office hours?
- The Procurement Department Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Vendors are highly recommended to call for an appointment to see a member of staff to ensure that staff will be available.
How do I register my company as a Housing Authority of the City of Brownsville, Texas (HACB) vendor?
- Suppliers are encouraged to register themselves by visiting the electronic vendor registration page.
How do I contact HACB departments to introduce my company?
- Vendors should contact the Procurement Department before contacting other HACB departments.
What is the HACB’s bidding process?
- The HACB participates in the competitive bid process for all goods and services. Please visit the Bidding Procedures page for additional information.
How do I obtain copies of bid specifications?
Request for bid/proposal documents may be obtained through any of the following methods:
- Download from the Current Bids page (if documents are available for download)
- Contact the Housing Authority of the City of Brownsville Procurement Department Office at (956) 541-8315 ext.1544 or at email@example.com (email)
- Pick up at 2606 Boca Chica Blvd., Brownsville, Texas 78521, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How do I register as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendor with the State of Texas?
- Vendors must register with the office of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts