Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Need for Affordable Housing in Brownsville
Our current waitlist (over 1,669 individuals) reflects a great need for affordable housing in Brownsville. Currently, the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program serves approximately 2,163 families a month. With the help of the Brownsville rental community, we will continue to reach our goal of providing safe, decent and affordable housing to Brownsville families!
Benefits of Participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program:
• You will be providing affordable housing to Brownsville families
• You are able to use your own lease
• Free advertising for your available properties
• Free annual inspections of your unit
• Units receive payments at comparable market rate rents
Responsibilities of the housing authority, owner and assisted families:
The HCV Program depends on a cooperative relationship between the housing authority, assisted family and owner or property manager. The program is designed to maintain the regular owner and tenant relationship. Our main purpose is to subsidize families’ rents; all other aspects of the lease agreement must be resolved between the landlord and the tenant. The following summarizes the responsibilities of each party.
The Housing Authority’s Responsibilities:
• Reviews all applicants to determine families’ eligibility for the program.
• Explains the rules of the program to families and property owners/managers.
• Issues vouchers to families.
• Inspects the housing assisted units for compliance with housing quality standards.
• Approves the unit, owner, and lease.
• Makes housing assistance payments to the owner in a timely manner.
• Re-examines the family’s income and composition annually and adjust the rent and process changes in rent portions when the income of the family composition changes.
• Ensures owners and families comply with the program rules.
• Provides prompt, professional service to owners and tenant families.
• Thoroughly screens and interviews families who apply.
• Maintains the property by making necessary repairs in a timely manner.
• Collects application fees, security deposits, and the tenant’s monthly rent portion.
• Manages the property and enforces the lease.
• Complies with the terms of the Housing Assistance Payment Contract and HUD
• Complies with all fair housing laws and not improperly discriminate against any family.
• Notifies the housing authority if a tenant vacates the unit and return the housing assistance payments received after a family vacates a unit.
• Notifies the housing authority of any owner change immediately so payment to the new landlord will not be delayed.
• Provides the housing authority with complete and accurate information pertaining to the family income and composition.
• Reports changes in income and family composition that happens throughout the year.
• Locates a suitable unit and pay the security deposit and application fee to the owner.
• Attends scheduled appointments and return documents on time.
• Maintains the property and minor repairs.
• Complies with the terms of the lease.
• Pays their portion of the rent on time to the owner.
• Complies with all family obligations under the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
How to contact our office:
Each family is assigned a housing eligibility specialist. If any repeated issues or problems occur with the tenant, contact the appropriate housing eligibility specialist first. If your questions are not resolved, feel free to contact your housing supervisor. If you have any other questions about the program, please contact us at (956) 541-4834.
The Housing Authority of the City of Brownsville
P.O. Box 4420, Brownsville, TX 78523-4420
2606 Boca Chica Blvd, Brownsville, TX 78521
Phone: (956) 541-8315
Fax: (956) 541-7860
Owner Pre-Admission Form